Who is Eligible?
The following entities are
eligible to enroll in the Student Aid Internet Gateway:
- Postsecondary educational institutions that participate in the federal student financial aid programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act
- Organizations that contract with an eligible institution to perform Title IV related functions as a third-party servicer
- Guaranty agencies (GAs) or their Guaranty Agency servicers that have an agreement with ED under the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP)
- Federal Loan Servicers - Title IV Servicers (FLS-TIVAS)
- Federal Loan Servicers - Not for Profit organizations (FLS-NFP)
- State Scholarship and Grant Agencies
- FFELP lenders or their FFELP lender servicers
- FSA External Partners
- Other entities approved by ED
You may also add and
change enrollment information about yourself and your organization by utilizing this
Student Aid Internet Gateway Enrollment Web site.
What Services are Available?
You may sign up for the
following services through the Student Aid Internet Gateway Enrollment site if you meet
the conditions listed above:
- Common Origination and Disbursement (COD)
- Federal Direct
Loan Program: Includes transmitting all Direct Loan files and receiving
the Direct Loan Borrower Delinquency Report
- Grant Services (Federal Pell Grant (Pell Grant), Iraq
and Afghanistan Service Grant, and the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant)
Processing: Sending and receiving required reporting and payment information
- COD Online Service: Financial Aid Administrators,
Servicers, Lender/Lender Servicers, or other officials can use the COD web site to perform a variety of functions related to
student/award/disbursement data for Pell, Direct Loan, Electronic Income-Based (IBR)/Pay As You Earn/Income-Contingent
(ICR) Repayment Plan Request, and Campus-Based programs
- Fiscal Operations Report and Application to participate in
the Federal Campus-based Programs (FISAP): Includes transmitting the annual FISAP file that contains
Federal Work-Study (FWS), Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), and Perkins Loan.
- Central Processing
System: Sending and receiving student application information including
- National Student
Loan Data System (NSLDS): Includes sending and receiving NSLDS batch
file and online access to view and change student information. Also
includes the receipt of the electronic Cohort Default Rate Report
- Financial Management System (FMS): Allows
lender institutions or their servicers and Guaranty Agencies the option of sending financial
reporting information to Federal Student Aid's Financial Management
- Debt Management Collection System (DMCS):
Houses all Federal Student Aid held default debt. This includes FFEL loans assigned from Guaranty
Agencies, Program Overpayments, Perkins loans assigned from schools, and all the Direct Loan program
- FAFSA on the Web Data Transfer: Allows
entities to transfer FAFSA® information from their sites to FAFSA on the Web to allow users to
complete the application with some of the answers prepopulated.
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Loan Holder Notification:
A service to receive files from TPD-Nelnet containing information on borrowers going through the TPD discharge process.
Enterprise Complaint System (ECS):
Includes online access to accept, track, resolve, and store complaints and reports of suspicious activity directly from customers.
Last updated/reviewed February 17, 2019
Download Adobe Reader